In today’s modern enterprise, it has become critical for both physical and logical security applications to have secure credentialing. The solution for this includes smart printers, smart cards, identity and card management systems.
To evaluate the systems, it’s important to understand the requirements for a secure credential process and the benefits of smart card encoding and detailed personalization, such as:
- Security features and anti-counterfeiting (Example: holographic overlay, ghost imaging, UV fluorescent ink ribbon)
- Standards and IT requirements for secure credential printing
- Standards and best practices for contact and contactless credential encoding
- Representing the value of secure credentialing to enterprise stakeholders
- Integration of printers in enterprise physical access control and identity management infrastructure
- Impact of Personal Identity Verification Interoperability (PIV-I) on the printer and access control technology markets
For more information about the service contracts we provide, contact a Card Tech ID representative at 1-866-348-1105.