Before purchasing an ID printer, will your ID cards need to be printed on one or two sides? Some cards printers only print on one side of the card (called single-sided printers), and others print on both sides (called dual-sided or duplex printers).
To determine if you need a single-sided or dual-sided printer, consider what amount and type of information you need to place on your card. There are several reasons why some customers chose to print on both sides of the card. Here are a few reasons:
Common Information Placed on the Back of an ID Card
- Additional Card Holder Info: Information that can’t fit on the front of the card such as employee date of birth, contact information, anniversary date, etc.
- Schedule/Calendar: Listing of future events, activities, holidays, etc
- Membership: Membership anniversary date, expiration date, contact information
- Rewards: Program rules, expiration date, contact information
- Lost Card: To return a lost card (example: If found, please return to: Address, Town, State & Zip code
- Record of Uses: log of uses, punch card, electronically storing info, such as with a magnetic stripe
- Disclaimer: Property information and card holder responsibilities (example: This card is your ID card, and should be carried at all times. It is the property of _______ Company, and the policies and procedures of ________Company govern its use. This card is NOT TRANSFERABLE. The _______Company is not responsible for any loss or expenses resulting from the theft, loss, or misuse of this card. A replacement fee will be charged is this ID card is lost, stolen, or damaged. If found, please return to Card Services.)
- Policy Reinforcement: Evacuation procedures, hospital “codes”, mission statements, safety procedures, etc.
- Same Information as Front: By having identical information on the back of the card, you’ll ensure that the ID card is visible no matter which side the card is turned
For more information about the service contracts we provide, contact a Card Tech ID representative at 1-866-348-1105.