Composite cards contain combinations of Polyester and PVC for higher durability and heat resistance. The cards contain a PVC core, layered between PVC/PET composite laminate and have a polish/polish finish (front/back).
Use composite cards when:
- Using PVC card printers that apply an overlaminate (required for heat resistance)
- Slotting your PVC cards (recommended for durability)
- Using your cards in harsh conditions or temperature extremes (recommended for durability)
- Use with retransfer card printers to prevent card warping (required for heat resistance)
- Extended card longevity desired
Different combinations will determine the extended durability of the composite cards life.
80/20 80% PVC/20% PET blend = extended life to 5 years
70/30 70% PVC/30% PET blend = extended life to 8 years
60/40 60% PVC/40% PET blend = extended life to 10 years
Cost per blend will increase based on the percentage of PET.
Card Tech ID offers all these blends with HiCo and LoCo magnetic strip options in a White CR80 size (credit card size) 30 mil thickness (credit card thickness) only. Visit us online or contact a sales representative email@example.com for a free price quote or more information.
Composite & PVC Cards